Are you always waiting for the spinning circle to end?
This is one of the top 3 issues that we address the most. So, why do computers slow get overtime? Well, it depends on many factors.
- Was the computer fast enough when you bought it?
- Did you buy it new or used?
- Was the decision made on the basis of the price alone?
- It might be just a case of a failing hard drive.
- Good time to do a data backup.
- Computer memory (RAM), gone bad.
- Malware and spyware infections.
- Expired anti-virus software.
- Multiple anti-virus programs are active on the same computer.
As you see there can be many reasons why your computer is running slow. There is a good chance that the computer might be running on all of its 10 cylinders but the cylinders aren’t just enough? aka a basic computer?
The other factors to consider would be to understand that over a period of time the programs keep on becoming bigger and bigger. Remember the last time when you got the Adobe Reader update or that Anti-virus update? That was the moment of those programs getting bigger.
- Run a complete memory test.
- Run a complete diagnostic for a hard drive or a solid-state drive failure.
- Look for programs that look suspicious.
- Is your anti-virus current. Check the subscription status.
- Inspect your computer for having more than one version of anti-virus on your computer.
How much does NVpcfix charge to suggest repairs for a slow computer?
- As always, NVpcfix does not charge to give you a free estimate.
- Not all computers can be made faster.
- If the computer is too old to be fixed, we do not charge you anything.
- Unless otherwise stated, normal rates apply. $79 without data backup.
- We have years of experience! Let us put it to good use by looking at your computer
- Just call us and see if are able to help you at all?
- Already tried searching the solution on Google and Youtube?
- They provide amazing resources. However, something needs to be said about the hands-on experience